This product is out of stock.
Persaio® is an active noise cancellation system for use in MRI research studies*. The system eliminates the need for the creation of special scan sequences in order to obtain vocal response data by seamlessly integrating with standard scans. Employing a single MR-compatible microphone and the Repetition Time (TR) Persaio utilizes patent-pending technology to reduce scanner noise dramatically (up to 30 dB in real-time) allowing researchers to hear their participants’ speech clearly. The unaltered audio and the noise-cancelled audio can be played or recorded. Persaio works with electrical and optical TR pulses. Persaio is designed with an integrated, high-quality optical microphone. However, it can be used with pre-existing MR patient microphones.
Watch an overview of Persaio.
Listen to our CEO, Anthony Zuccolotto, reading the PST Mission Statement without noise cancellation and with noise cancellation using Persaio (recorded using the Optimic 1160 fiber optic MRI compatible microphone made by Optoacoustics Ltd).
- Scanner sound amplitude is reduced by up to 30 dB in real-time (40 dB post-processing)
- Visual indicator that the participant is speaking
- Real-time, sub-millisecond output can be used to attain vocal response times
- Recording to a PC over USB for later analysis or speech recognition
- Adaptive algorithm compensates for changes in acoustic environment
- Optimized for use in EPI scan sequences
- Ideal for use in fMRI overt language studies
- Windows XP or later
- USB 2.0
- Waveguide diameter of 0.75 in (19 mm) or larger
- MRI scanner TR pulse (Electrical via a BNC connector or Optical via a Versatile Link connector)
- MRI scanning sequence with precise/repetitive TR pulse periods