Job Title: Technical Consultant
Job Type: Full-Time
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Type: Hourly
Compensation: Competitive salary (based on skills and experience) plus project oriented bonuses.
Benefits: Company sponsored Healthcare, Dental, 401K, Long-Term Disability, Relaxed work environment
Provides technical support to users by researching and answering questions and troubleshooting problems related to all company software and hardware products. Primarily includes assisting users with installation and the implementation of new E-Prime experiments, as well as debugging and troubleshooting issues with existing E-Prime experiments. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Assist users with installation and setup of software
- Help users troubleshoot issues they encounter while using the software
- Send technical documentation to users who have lost or misplaced theirs
- Assume remote control over users’ computers when necessary to resolve problems
- Make hardware recommendations for users whose machines cannot support the software
- Provide technical support via telephone and cloud-based support system
- Perform software and hardware product testing as outlined by test plans
- Report suspected bugs and proposed features suggested by users or other staff members
- Keep supervisor informed of errors in documentation and suggest further action on serious errors
- Assist in authoring and proofing of new product documentation and user support tools/aids
- Provide additions or modifications to support resources (e.g., Knowledge Base, samples)
- Assume administrative assistant duties when necessary. These may include (but are not limited to) the following: answer telephones, direct calls, take messages, send promotional materials to customers, etc.
- Preparing for company conferences/shows by doing whatever is necessary such as preparing materials, packing, testing, etc.
- Any and all other duties/tasks which may arise in the short term that are deemed critical or beneficial to the company, especially as they relate to the success of assigned project(s)
- Indirect sales support, including answering technical questions about products and occasionally representing the company at trade shows/conferences
- Assist in research grant-related activities when necessary. These may include (but are not limited to) the following: research and preparation of grant submissions, preparation of subject testing materials, data collection and analysis of grant related data, etc.
- 0-3 years academic or professional experience
- 1 year experience in information technology or technical support is desired
- Associate’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, information technology, or a related field is minimally required
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Windows platform and Microsoft Office applications
- Basic understanding of computer hardware is required
- Experience upgrading computer hardware is desired
- Experience with E-Prime software is desired
- Basic scripting and programming experience is desired
- Basic understanding of digital and analog I/O communication is desired
- Must be able to communicate technical issues to colleagues and customers with a variety of backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills are required
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize effectively
- Must be a quick study, flexible, and willing to take on new and different tasks
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds
PST offers a casual work environment as well as an excellent benefits program, which includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription drug plan, free parking, retirement plan, and tuition reimbursement. PST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work force. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Psychology Software Tools, Inc.
Sharpsburg Business Park
Attn: Human Resources
311 23rd Street Ext., Suite 200
Sharpsburg, PA 15215-2821 USA
Fax: 412.449.0079 Email: email@example.com.