Job Title: Research Developer I
Job Type: Full or Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Type: Hourly
Compensation: Competitive salary (based on skills and experience) plus project oriented bonuses.
Benefits: Company sponsored Healthcare, Dental, 401K, Long-Term Disability, Relaxed work environment
Reviews, analyzes, designs and modifies applied research systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs; data collection, testing, analysis, archiving and report generation. May require an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related area and 0-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions typically require exercising minimal independent judgement. Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
- Develop and assist computerized research studies and experiment paradigms in accordance with experiment specifications
- Complete life cycle development and maintenance of computerized research studies
- Communicate with project manager and/or site contact to revise and solidify experiment specifications
- Communicate with project manager and/or site contact to receive and implement requests or bug fixes
- Paradigm testing
- Develop related analysis files according to template
- Maintain records and keep project manager informed of paradigm status, modifications, and bug fixes
- Assist in distribution of release versions
- Maintain contact information for remote sites
- Report suspected bugs and proposed features suggested by users or other staff members
- Keep supervisor informed of errors in documentation and suggest further action on serious errors
- Assist in authoring and proofing of paradigm documentation, including but not limited to topics involving paradigm description, installation, and releases
- Preparing for company conferences/shows by doing whatever is necessary such as preparing materials, packing, testing, etc.
- Any and all other duties/tasks which may arise in the short term that are deemed critical or beneficial to the company, especially as they relate to the success of assigned project(s)
- 0-3 years academic or professional experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or related field required
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Windows platform and Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in at least on programming language
- Proficiency in standard Research Methods procedures and practices
- Must demonstrate the ability to quickly gain new skills and learn new technologies as assigned
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize effectively
- Must maintain a positive attitude, follow instructions and pay attention to detail
- Must possess a professional and personable manner
PST offers a casual work environment as well as an excellent benefits program, which includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription drug plan, free parking, retirement plan, and tuition reimbursement. PST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work force. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: Psychology Software Tools, Inc., 311 23rd Street Ext. Suite 200, Attn: Human Resources, Sharpsburg, PA 15215. Fax: 412-449-0079. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.