Job Title: Research Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Number of Positions: 2
Salary Type: Hourly
Compensation: Competitive salary (based on skills and experience) plus project oriented bonuses
Benefits: Company sponsored Healthcare, Dental, 401K, Long-Term Disability, Relaxed work environment
Psychology Software Tools, Inc. (PST), located in Pittsburgh’s Eastern Suburbs, is a rapidly growing company with 30 years of experience in the design and distribution of innovative software, hardware, and service oriented products for scientific research, assessment, and education.
Develops recruitment plans, carries out recruitment, coordinates and tests study subjects. Develops and distributes study related recruitment, promotional, and marketing materials. Visits study sites and community organizations to make presentations to groups and individuals and to collect subject data. Collects and manages recruitment data on all applicants and all individuals tested. Provides administrative assistance to study staff for a variety of tasks including data analysis.
- Design/develop recruiting plan to fulfill the needs of the project.
- Design recruitment, promotional, marketing materials and give presentations as necessary.
- Research potential recruiting sites within the community.
- Make contact, present project, contract for time and space, act as continuing liaison with sites.
- Transport and set up testing equipment.
- Administer/facilitate testing of subjects.
- Advise potential subjects on project details, obtain informed consent for participation.
- Maintain confidentiality of subjects and records.
- Manage data collection, retrieval, and storage.
- Maintain records of sites, participants, consents, and payments.
- Prepare and present summary information concerning project progress and contribute to DSMB.
- Provide administrative assistance for a variety of tasks including data analysis.
- Document and submit monthly reports of communications and project progress.
- Document time, mileage, and other expenses.
- Assume other study related duties as necessary.
- Testing of hardware/software (verification/validation)
- Draft/proof documentation
- High school diploma or equivalent and 0-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiarity with research methods, IRB requirements and computers a plus.
- Must have own transportation.
- Must possess excellent telephone etiquette.
- Must exhibit professionalism and courtesy when dealing with community organizations and elderly subjects.
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize effectively.
- Must possess a professional and personable manner.
- Must maintain a positive attitude, follow instructions and pay attention to detail.
- Must be outgoing, a quick study, have high level of organizational skills.
- Ability to handle independent and very flexible scheduling. (e.g., some evening and weekends).
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Psychology Software Tools, Inc.
Sharpsburg Business Park
Attn: Human Resources
311 23rd Street Ext., Suite 200
Sharpsburg, PA 15215-2821 USA
Fax: 412.449.0079 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.