The Tobii Pro Spectrum is our latest and most advanced eye tracking platform, designed for extensive studies into human behavior and the mechanics of the fastest eye movements. While capturing data at speeds up to 1200 Hz, it still allows for natural head movement, which opens up new possibilities in fields like psychology, developmental studies, neuroscience, reading research, and ophthalmology.
The Pro Spectrum is designed to ensure the highest data quality and reproducibility through evolving, patented eye tracking algorithms from Tobii, sophisticated hardware design, and premium hardware components.
Flexible set-up and sync options
The Pro Spectrum provides exceptional flexibility, accommodating a wide array of research scenarios and study designs.
This system can be used with the provided screen or with the eye tracker alone, enabling both on-screen and real-world stimuli, such as physical objects or people. Multiple sampling rate options accommodate everything from fixation-based research to studies with more intense requirements on data granularity and time-based measurements.
The TTL port and precise timing enable seamless synchronization capabilities with external biometric data sources, providing a holistic view of behavior.
- 8-bit TTL port receiving sync events from external systems
- Easily removable 24″ screen
Freedom of movement
The Pro Spectrum is a high-frequency system that provides saccadic event resolution, while still allowing for natural head movement.
This combination of capabilities allows researchers to deeply explore human behavior and cognitive processing, as well as the mechanics of the fastest eye movements (e.g. saccades, tremors, and micro-saccades), without interfering with the natural behavior of the subject. With its ability to track freely-moving subjects, the Pro Spectrum easily facilitates research with children and other participants who would otherwise need a chinrest to control their movement.
- Very high tolerance for both large and fast head movements in all directions
- Tracking resumes quickly if the subject moves in and out of the track box
Data you can trust
The Pro Spectrum is extremely accurate and precise with unparalleled tracking robustness, which makes it possible to study a very large portion of the population in many real-life conditions.
- The 3-D eye model delivers superior gaze data, including wide gaze angles and all corners of the screen
- Two eye tracking cameras, both taking up to 600 images per second of both eyes
- Demonstrates extremely robust tracking capabilities, regardless of ethnicity, age, or corrective lenses
- Detects eyes instantly with minimal data loss during blinks or when subjects look away
- Maintains high accuracy, precision, and tracking robustness during subjects’ head movements and in different lighting environments
- Allows precise synchronization of gaze information with data from other sources, such as EEG, GSR, or ECG
- Captures pupil data at the same sampling rate as the gaze data
- Provides eye images to allow researchers to understand what is affecting the data
Simple, ingenious design
The Pro Spectrum’s simple setup, configuration, and automation allow you to add advanced eye tracking to your research with little effort. Researchers at all levels of expertise can use the system without needing extensive training.
The eye tracker comes fully assembled in the supplied travel case and doesn’t require manual configuration with the setup of cameras, lenses, etc. Researchers can rely on quick, stable calibration of subjects and productively track the subjects they have attained for their study.
- Software for the stand-alone configuration accommodates studies that involve real-world stimuli
- VESA mounting available for fixed table or wall installation
- Handle allows for smooth adjustment when accommodating subjects of different heights