Highest level of noise reduction available for fMRI.
OptoActive™ active noise cancelling headphones open new MR research areas, including the study of sleeping and hearing disorders, autism, children suffering from claustrophobia, and auditory fMRI:
- Cancels the most annoying MR EPI gradient noise, both actively and passively
- Extraordinarily clear sound for passing stimuli, music and communications
- Ultra-slim headphones compatible with today’s tight 32- and 64-channel fMRI head coils for 3T, as well as with all standard MR head coils
- Quiet two-way communications during a scan using bundled FOMRI-III™ noise cancelling microphone
- Self-hearing headphones with real-time SPL monitoring and recording
- Self-calibration at both session and patient levels, as well as manual fine calibration of both left and right channels (0.1 dB resolution)
- Simple operation with digital touch screen Operator console, as well as advanced hardware and software control
- Real-time display shows noise exposure, stimuli levels and spectrum analysis
- Built-in Waves® MaxxAudio® digital sound enhancement
- US FDA 510(k) cleared
- Completely safe, field-proven, certified EMI/RFI immunity
OptoACTIVE matches innovation with operating simplicity, enabling you to focus entirely on the research at hand.
The system is completely self-calibrating, session-by-session, Patient-by-Patient. A short sequence of screen taps tells
OptoACTIVE to calibrate its advanced noise cancelling algorithms for a scan – an operation that takes 16 seconds and requires no specialized knowledge or operator intervention. Embedded DSP algorithms are optimized for the challenging acoustic characteristics of MRI, including resonance frequencies, dynamic range and varying duty-cycle time events. Our bundled OptiMRI software enables concurrent recording of built-in left and right channel microphone outputs, filtered speech processed by the DSP, and up to three synchronized TTL events. A complete set of output post-processing capabilities is also provided.