Simulate the MRI environment.
Availability of an MRI Simulator is more important than ever for today’s researchers, professors, radiologists, nurses, technicians, and child life specialists. Failed scans and unusable data caused by claustrophobia, anxiety, and excessive head and body motion cost significant time and resources where scan time is often expensive and limited. Acclimating people to the environment with an MRI Simulator is shown to improve data and cut wasted spending and time.
With the MRI Simulator; training, patient acclimation, and pilot testing can quickly be done without the need for scanner access time.
The MRI Simulator provides a realistic approximation of an actual MRI scanner to allow acclimation and training of participants (and faculty/staff) in a controlled environment for a fraction of the cost of MRI access. The MRI Simulator introduces the participant to an authentic scanning environment, permitting them to gradually become accustomed to the scanning procedure.
MRI Simulator Installations
The PST MRI Simulator is currently used in hundreds of academic institutions, hospitals, technical schools, and training facilities all over the world. Faculty and staff training, patient comfort and acclimation, fMRI research and task pilot testing. MRI Simulation is especially effective for child and special population MRI studies.
Combined with the use of the Mock MRI Head Coils, MoTrak® System, SimFx™ Software, and other components detailed in the Components tab, the MRI Simulator will increase the efficiency of your research and improve the quality of your data and scans.
Minimum available room area of 12ft x 4ft (3.66m x 1.22m)
The MRI Simulator includes: ~60cm bore with tapered entry and flat façade with integrated control panel (Light, Fan, In/Out), lights, fan, speakers & subwoofer, motorized patient table with drag sensing safety stop, manual table release.
The MRI Simulator is designed to fit easily within a 12 foot office space and can be assembled and ready for use within 30 minutes at most sites (no tools required for assembly).
MRI Simulator Features:
- Standard 60 cm circular bore with tapered entry and front façade panel
- Realistic scanner body with sturdy steel frame construction
- Cooling fans and diffused lighting for participant safety and comfort
- Amplified speakers with subwoofer for realistic scanner noise production and vibration
- Quiet, motorized participant table with drag sensing safety stop and dynamic speed control
(table speed ramps up or down for smooth starts and stops during participant insertion and extraction)
- Integrated control panel for participant table operation, fans, and lights
Accessories (Sold Separately)
- Mock Head Coil (GE™ or Siemens™) with Rear Facing Mirror System
- Participant Video – 15” LCD video display system with 1024×768 resolution and integrated display controls to adjust image orientation
- Participant Audio – High quality participant headphones offering a frequency response range of 10-30,000 Hz with a comfortable ear cup design
- Participant Response – Right and left hand button response units (5 buttons each hand)
- Participant Camera – Micro camera mounted inside of bore to monitor participant safety
- SimFx software simulates the ambient scanner sound and the active scanning noise. Four sound files can be played simultaneously.
- MoTrak head motion tracking system that provides linear feedback of X,Y,Z movement and rotational feedback on X,Y,Z axis (Pitch, Roll, Yaw coordinate) based on user-defined thresholds
- E-Prime® experiment development and stimulus presentation software
|Dimensions||134 1/4" x 79 1/2" x 81 3/4"|
|Side Panels removed or folded||134 1/4" x 48" x 81 3/4"|
|Shipping Weight||825 lbs (with crate)|
|Simulator Weight||450 lbs|
|Base-Mounted Internal Audio System||3.5mm Line in, 6.5-inch Cyber Acoustics subwoofer, Two 2-inch high-frequency magnetically-shielded satellite speakers, 46W RMS|
|Power Requirements||120v AC, 4 amps (240v model requires 2 amps)|
|Table Weight Limit||275 lbs|
Does your desired MRI environment require a customized machine? PST is taking orders for high-end customized simulators. On this page are several examples of simulators we have made to fit specialized labs and workspaces.
Pictured left is a custom GE Discovery MR750 Simulator PST installed in a state-of-the-art international fMRI research facility.
To request a quote for a customized simulator for your workspace, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.