Finally, a quality, ground-truth diffusion phantom that can be used to assess and quantify both anisotropic and isotropic diffusion characteristics within a single, temperature-controlled device. The hollow Taxon™ fibers contained within the phantom are designed to precisely match the dimensional and diffusion characteristics of human axons. The phantom is compatible with all current generation 32/64 channel head coils and can be used to quantitatively assess and compare scanner performance between data collection sites. Gain confidence in the accuracy of study protocols with regularly repeated quality assessment scans using the Phantom Metrics family of products.
The MRI Diffusion Calibration Phantom is currently in development and is not yet available to order.
- Hollow textile fibers (<1 to 12 microns inside diameter) simulating axons – Taxons™
- Variable packing densities
- Multiple tract sizes (1 – 10mm per side)
- Tract crossings of 90, 45, and 30 degrees
- Variable packing densities of 1.0, 0.5, 0.25, 0.125
- 40+ NIST certified isotropic solutions
- Multiple calibrated concentrations of fluids to measure T1, T2, PD, and ADC
- Heater to maintain operational temperature of 37 degrees C
- Removable lipid layer
- Integrated leveling and alignment system
Patent # US 10 , 345 , 415 B2
Scheduled to be available in 2020
Description and specification subject to change