Train participants. Reduce Motion.
MoTrak software uses Ascension Technology’s trakSTAR. The sensor attached to the subject’s head determines the position of the head in space relative to the transmitter. The sensor records angular rotations as well as positional displacements from an initially calibrated position. This information is displayed and logged by the program in real-time, allowing observation of head motion in an MRI simulator. The goal is to monitor how much the participant moves while the scan is in progress. If a participant moves too much, it can potentially result in unusable data and wasted resources.
In the simulator, the participant can simultaneously be habituated to the MRI environment, while being trained to remain still via feedback from the MoTrak system.
The MoTrak Head Motion Tracking System is composed of:
- MoTrak software
- MoTrak transmitter and receiver
- Head mounting straps
- Power supply (100-240V)
- Necessary accessory cabling for full use and function
MoTrak is intended for research use only. This equipment is not MR safe and is not for use in an MR environment.
- Linear feedback of X,Y,Z movement and rotational feedback on X,Y,Z axis (Pitch, Roll, Yaw coordinate)
- User defined thresholds for motion detection
- Graphic output of participant motion
- Auditory feedback to the participant when the threshold of movement limit has been reached
- Visual feedback of head motion for the participant via a user display
- Movie playback for participant with head motion contingent pause feature