Highest fidelity for the best results.
The system comes with a more realistic façade that mimics some of the new scanners with respect to size and shape, as well as provides features necessary for training of MRI technicians such as an integrated laser positioning crosshair, finer table movements, and a participant squeeze ball. This model also has a 60 cm MRI bore tube. The advanced control panel represents the look and functionality of current scanner control panels with touchscreen displays providing the capability to adjust table position (in/out, slow/fast, advance to scan, landmark, home), lights (internal and accent), fans, and built-in audio system with real scanner sounds.
With the MRI Simulator; training, patient acclimation, and pilot testing can quickly be done without the need for scanner access time.
The MRI Simulator provides a realistic approximation of an actual MRI scanner to allow acclimation and training of participants (and faculty/staff) in a controlled environment for a fraction of the cost of MRI access. The MRI Simulator introduces the participant to an authentic scanning environment, permitting them to gradually become accustomed to the scanning procedure.
MRI Simulator Installations
The PST MRI Simulator is currently used in hundreds of academic institutions, hospitals, technical schools, and training facilities all over the world. Faculty and staff training, patient comfort and acclimation, fMRI research and task pilot testing. MRI Simulation is especially effective for child and special population MRI studies.
Combined with the use of the Mock MRI Head Coils, MoTrak® System, SimFx™ Software, and other components, the MRI Simulator will increase the efficiency of your research and improve the quality of your data and scans.
MRI Simulator Features:
- Realistic façade mimics newer scanners
- Integrated laser positioning crosshair
- Advanced touchscreen controls
- Precise table movements
- Participant squeeze ball
- Ideal for simulation centers and MRI Tech programs
- Realistic approximation of scanning environment
- Comfortably introduce children to
the MRI environment
- Acclimate and pilot test fMRI participants
- Train faculty and staff in a low cost setting
- Eliminate failed scans caused by claustrophobia
- Train participants to minimize motion to increase
Accessories (Sold Separately)
- Mock Head Coils: GE™ 32-channel or Siemens™ 32- and
64-channel with Rear Facing Mirror System
- Participant Video: 22″ 1080p Monitor with Scan Reverse
capability and adjustable stand
- Participant Audio: High quality headphones with a
comfortable ear cup design
- Participant Camera: Micro camera mounted inside of
bore to monitor participant safety
- Participant Response: Right and left hand button
- Participant Security System
- Bidirectional Audio
- SimFx software simulates the ambient scanner sound and the active scanning noise. Four sound files can be played simultaneously.
- MoTrak head motion tracking system that provides linear feedback of X,Y,Z movement and rotational feedback on X,Y,Z axis (Pitch, Roll, Yaw coordinate) based on user-defined thresholds
- E-Prime® experiment development and stimulus presentation software
|144" x 80" x 84"
|1450 lbs (with crate)
|Base-Mounted Internal Audio System
|3.5 mm Line in, 6.5-inch Cyber Acoustics subwoofer, Two 2-inch high-frequency magnetically-shielded satellite speakers, 46W RMS
|120v AC, 4 amps (240v model requires 2 amps)
|Table Weight Limit
Does your desired MRI environment require a customized machine? PST is taking orders for high-end customized simulators. On this page are several examples of simulators we have made to fit specialized labs and workspaces.
Pictured left is a custom GE Discovery MR750 Simulator PST installed in a state-of-the-art international fMRI research facility.
To request a quote for a customized simulator for your workspace, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.