Designed to optimize E-Prime experiments for fMRI research.
EEfMRI allows you to synchronize the start of your experiment with the first scanner trigger pulse along with several valuable features to enhance the control you have over your experiment. Implement EEfMRI into your current experiments by simply dragging and dropping package calls into the experiment structure. EEfMRI is designed to integrate with other PST hardware and software to increase usability for researchers while maintaining the millisecond accuracy of E-Prime.
Take advantage of the following benefits:
- fMRI toolbox of Package Calls in E-Studio
- Synchronize the start of the experiment with the scanner trigger pulse
- Simplified logging of user-specified experimental events to tailor behavioral output for later analysis
- Easy to implement menu system that allows the experimenter to group multiple tasks into a single experiment and interactively choose which tasks to present at runtime
- Ability to interrupt a running task in a controlled manner to restart tasks without terminating the entire experiment
- Samples and tutorials
- Turnkey fMRI block sample (MapperOne.es3) based on a published experiment* that reliably activates important functional areas
E-Prime® Extensions for fMRI is intended for research use only.
- E-Prime 184.108.40.206
- Additional hardware for scanner trigger pulse synchronization with start of experiment
Q: Is there any additional hardware that I’ll need to synchronize my E-Prime experiments with the first scanner trigger pulse?
A: You will require any of a number of devices that can communicate via a TTL pulse to the experiment PC. PST includes this functionality with our Celeritas Fiber Optic Response System.
Q: What sort of a connection do you have to have between the scanner and control room PC to enable the scanner-dependent software triggers to work?
A: This will depend on the model and age of scanner and what type of hardware you are interfacing with. Most new scanners have a fiber optic connection coming off of the scanner. For more information contact your scanner manufacturer.
Q: Will E-Prime Extensions for fMRI (EEfMRI) work with hardware from other manufacturers?
A: Yes, you can configure your EEfMRI enabled E-Prime experiment to work with third party hardware by making a few modifications to your experiment settings. For specific instructions, please contact support.
Q: Can I use E-Prime Extensions for fMRI with any version of E-Prime?
A: E-Prime Extensions for fMRI 3.0 is compatible with E-Prime 220.127.116.11. E-Prime Extensions for fMRI 2.0 is compatible with E-Prime 18.104.22.1683 Professional and E-Prime 22.214.171.1246 Professional.
Q: Is it possible to start my experiment manually once I’ve enabled EEfMRI package calls?
A: Yes, to manually trigger your experiment all you will need to do is press the key that has been assigned to trigger the experiment (E-Prime sees the input as a key press).