A powerful new USB-based response and stimulus device.
Collect responses, present sound, and communicate with external devices – all with millisecond accuracy.
Eliminate timing issues with a solution designed for research.
Custom-designed silicone rubber keys feature an over-sized activation area to ensure accurate presses and releases. Record simultaneous button presses with full n-key rollover and customize debounce intervals to ensure data collection never suffers from missed responses.
Collect voice-activated responses with configurable threshold settings. Data file includes reaction time and audio file for each trial.
External Device Communication.
Chronos provides up to 16 digital inputs and 16 digital outputs, eliminating the need for a parallel port. This allows up to 65,536 unique markers. Combined with Task Events in E-Prime, Chronos provides a script-free way to develop multimodal research studies and synchronize data across platforms.
Accurate audio timing.
Consistent audio timing is not found in consumer sound cards. This introduces variability between machines, and delays sound delivery time. Chronos features an onboard sound card which eliminates these issues and delivers millisecond accuracy. More research on reducing audio stimulus presentation latencies.
Chronos is outfitted with 5 fully programmable RGB LED’s, each capable of 4000+ colors. Use LED’s for response mapping verification, stimuli, or as feedback based on accuracy. Each LED can be assigned a unique color and modified directly from E-Prime.
Included with Chronos.
Chronos Response Features:
- 5 buttons
- 16 digital inputs*
- Voice key
- 2 foot pedals (accessories)
- n-key rollover
- Programmable debounce intervals
- Stream and save vocal responses
- Start recording at object onset OR when speaking begins
- Sound-activated response (voice key)
- Condenser- or dynamic- microphone compatible
- Configurable audio input gain
- Configurable threshold settings for incoming audio responses and recording
- Detect sound to silence (offset threshold/post-silence interval)
- 3 Analog Inputs (plus Photo Sensor) with configurable onset and offset thresholds
Chronos Stimulus Presentation Features:
- 5 LEDs with programmable RGB color values (>4,000 colors per LED)
- Assign color values as response mapping verification, stimuli, or as feedback based on accuracy
- Present auditory stimuli with accurate and precise sound output latencies of 1 ms (Mix Mode 1) or a fixed latency of 6 ms (Mix Mode 2) across different machine hardware
- Configurable onset and offset output thresholds per channel
- 16 Digital Outputs
- 4 Analog Outputs
- Generate sine, saw tooth, square, triangle, and custom waveforms
- Generate square waveforms of configurable frequency
*This feature requires separate purchase of the Chronos I/O Expander for full functionality