Customize to suit your research.
PST has engineered the new Celeritas Fiber Optic Response System to accurately gather participant responses and verify signals. USB training units also available!
The Celeritas system can be customized to fit your research needs by selecting a combination of Fiber Optic Button Response Units (BRUs) and Joysticks. The Fiber Optic BRUs and Joysticks comfortably fit small to large hand sizes and are constructed entirely of non-metallic components – completely eliminating all metal inside the magnet room. The units communicate button presses through fiber optic cabling which connects to an Interface Console located in the control room through an available wave guide.
New USB hand units are also available! USB versions of our Celeritas fMRI response units are perfect for practicing a task, perhaps in an MRI Simulator, prior to performing the task in the scanner. Celeritas USB response units are available for the following models: 2- and 3-button left/right Ergo, 2- and 3-button ambidextrous, and 5-button left/right. The USB cable (not pictured) will connect directly to the PC running the experiment.
Celeritas Fiber Optic and USB Response Units can be used within E-Prime or any other experiment development software that accepts a keyboard as a response input.
The Interface Console provides real-time feedback of participant responses via LED indicators and includes a set of buttons to make responses for the participant as needed. The system seamlessly integrates with E-Prime® through a USB connection. The new Interface Console comes with an Optical Connector and a BNC Connector. These connectors allow the computer to accept either an optical or an electrical TTL pulse that the stimulus presentation computer interprets as another button press, allowing the user to synchronize their experiments with the MR scanner.
The BRUs and Joysticks are assembled using chemical resistant, medical grade, biocompatible plastic. The chemical resistance allows for repeated cleaning without degradation of the material or color. The new BRUs include a tactile indicator to ensure correct finger placement during experiments. The new BRUs also give you the ability to adjust the wrist sled for a more comfortable fit.
The Celeritas Fiber Optic Response System can be customized with the following components:
- Interface Console (includes Celeritas Monitor and Operator’s Manual)
- Right- and Left-Handed Fiber Optic Button Response Units – two, three, or five-button (includes 4-meter cable and magnet room wall mount holder)
- Right- and Left-Handed USB Response Units – two, three, or five-button (includes USB cable to connect to computer)
- Joysticks with omnidirectional analog stick and four buttons (include 4-meters of cable and magnet room wall mount holder)
- 10-meter fiber cables (or 32.8 ft.)
Celeritas Console and Response Units
This product is intended for research use only.
Celeritas BRU Features:
- Ergonomic design
- Wrist strap and adjustable wrist sled for a more comfortable fit and to reduce participant non-conformance (i.e., dropping the button units, participant losing finger positions)
- Tactile indicator on index finger button to remind the participant of correct finger placement (five-button BRU only)
- Molded from high-impact, chemical resistant, medical grade, biocompatible plastic
- Contains no metal or conductive materials
- Custom molded wall mount holder for BRUs and cabling
Celeritas Joystick Features:
- Omnidirectional analog stick with four buttons
- Comfortable ambidextrous design
- Hand strap for comfortable positioning
- Molded from chemical resistant, medical grade, biocompatible plastic
- Contains no metal or conductive materials
- Custom molded wall mount holder for Joysticks and cabling
Celeritas Fiber Optical Response System Features:
- Thin, flexible cabling with easy-to-attach connectors
- 10-meter (or 32.8 ft) cable with 10-meter extensions available
- Electrical and optical scanner trigger connections
- Supports any combination of BRUs and Joysticks on either hand
- Displays responses on the front panel in real-time
- External digital inputs and outputs for interfacing with third-party equipment
- Connects as a standard USB keyboard and joystick (HID – Human Interface Device) when not using E-Prime
- Ability to mask scanner trigger key responses when device is not in use
- Can store ten custom key mapping profiles
- Optimized for increased performance when used with E-Prime®
Celeritas Monitor Features:
- User friendly interface for customization of BRU and trigger key mappings
- Ability to create and store unlimited custom key mapping configurations to user-created profiles
- Provides complete device status, feedback, and configuration information in a single, easy-to-understand window
- Ability to hide scanner trigger responses when the device is not in use
Enhanced Features with E-Prime:
- Ability to interact with the E-Prime 3.0 Button Device
- Ability to customize responses and key mappings with the joystick
- Automatically synchronizes with E-Prime’s clock for improved response time accuracy
- Ensures every response gets queued for increased reliability
- Deterministic time-stamping of responses
- Enhanced error checking of the Response Device status at run time
- Remapping of Joystick Keys
- Creation of Joystick zones
- Portability of custom key mappings to any Celeritas Device (key mapping stored in es2/es3 file)
- Full speed USB port
- Optical and BNC Trigger input (use only one at a time)
Minimum Recommended Waveguide Diameter:
- Single Response Unit – 19.05 mm (.75″)
- Dual Response Units – 29.21 mm (1.15″)
Celeritas Mode Software Requirements:
- E-Prime 3.0/Windows 7, 8, and 10
- E-Prime 2.0 SP1 or E-Prime 2.0 SP2/Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
NOTE: HID mode does not require E-Prime software. The Celeritas System will connect as a standard USB keyboard device.