Job Title: Assembly Technician
Job Type: Full Time
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Type: Hourly
Skilled assembly of mechanical, electronic, and optical devices using engineering drawings, schematics, and written and verbal instructions. Utilize hand tools, power tools, multimeters, power supplies, soldering iron, milling machine, lathe, band saw, and drill press to perform duties. Inspect, test, maintain, repair, and refurbish assembled products which may include gluing, caulking, painting, filing, and sanding various materials. Perform quality assurance inspections on received products from subcontractors and vendors according to written specifications. Fabricate assembly components using mechanical drawings. May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with 3-5 years experience.
- Assembly of electro-mechanical devices.
- Assembly of wiring harnesses for electro-mechanical devices.
- Final integration assembly of devices and wiring harnesses.
- Bench testing of completed assemblies and sub assemblies.
- Packaging of completed devices for delivery and installation at customer sites.
- Polishing of fiber optic cables
- Post process 3D printed parts
- Repair and refurbishment of customer returns
- Use vertical milling machine to create and modify assembly components
- PCB population and testing
- Assist in limited inventory and Bill of Material control, ordering, stocking and tagging of component
- Computer assembly and limited software installation.
- Assist others in authoring, or directly author documentation and drawings of the assembly and testing processes.
- Miscellaneous mechanical tasks such as assembly of office equipment, etc., as assigned.
- Preparing for company conferences/shows by doing whatever is necessary such as preparing materials, packing, testing, etc.
- Any and all other duties/tasks which may arise in the short term that are deemed critical or beneficial to the company, especially as they relate to the success of assigned project(s).
- 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Use of hand and power tools for mechanical assembly.
- Soldering of wiring assemblies and printed circuit board assemblies.
- Must maintain a positive attitude, follow instructions and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to follow written and verbal assembly and testing instructions given adequate hands-on training.
- Ability to communicate effectively with acting supervisor.
- Familiarity with PC’s and able to interact with most common Microsoft Software programs with given adequate instruction.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Production Technician
- Inspection Technician
- Installation and Service Technician
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Psychology Software Tools, Inc.
Sharpsburg Business Park
Attn: Human Resources
311 23rd Street Ext., Suite 200
Sharpsburg, PA 15215-2821 USA
Fax: 412.449.0079 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.