Job Title: Assembly Technician
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Number of Positions: 1
Assemble, test, and maintain water filled MRI calibration phantoms and mechanical assemblies according to engineering drawings, technical manuals, and verbal instruction using various adhesives and tools. Provide detailed meticulous assembly of mechanical fixtures consisting of water filled textile fibers in multiple lengths, densities, and orientations while maintaining consistent tension and spacing. Use computer controlled motors to wind textile threads onto jigs with multiple spacing and thread counts. Fill small fluid chambers with specific chemicals using electronic syringe pumps. Test and calibrates components and assemblies to meet tolerances and product specifications. Use various hand and power tools to assemble units. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and 1-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area with a technical degree considered a plus. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
- Assembly of MRI calibration phantom and subassemblies.
- Winding of textile fibers onto spools.
- Placing, gluing, and cutting fiber threads into fiber density and crossing fixtures.
- Measure and record physical data (e.g. temperature, weight, volume, etc.) from subassemblies and completed units.
- Inject various chemicals into hollow molded cubes.
- Inspect mechanical components according to 3d model drawings
- Perform failure testing on production and prototype components and assemblies
- Post process 3d printed parts.
- Packaging of completed devices for delivery and installation at customer sites.
- Operate optical microscope for quality control.
- Print production parts on 3d printer.
- Assist in improving product design and production techniques.
- Assist others in authoring, or directly author documentation and drawings of the assembly and testing processes.
- Miscellaneous mechanical tasks such as assembly of office equipment, etc., as assigned.
- Record daily time distribution using computer software.
- Preparing for company conferences/shows by doing whatever is necessary such as preparing materials, packing, testing, etc.
- Any and all other duties/tasks which may arise in the short term that are deemed critical or beneficial to the company, especially as they relate to the success of assigned project(s).
- High school diploma or its equivalent and 1-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area with a technical degree considered a plus.
- Use of hand and power tools for mechanical assembly.
- Must maintain a positive attitude, follow instructions and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to follow written and verbal assembly and testing instructions given adequate hands-on training.
- Ability to communicate effectively with acting supervisor.
- Familiarity with PC’s and able to interact with most common Microsoft Software programs with given adequate instruction.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
PST offers a casual work environment as well as an excellent benefits program, which includes: medical, dental, vision, prescription drug plan, free parking, retirement plan, and tuition reimbursement. PST is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work force. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Psychology Software Tools, Inc.
Sharpsburg Business Park
Attn: Human Resources
311 23rd Street Ext., Suite 200
Sharpsburg, PA 15215-2821 USA
Fax: 412.449.0079 Email: email@example.com.