Job Title: Assembly Technician
Job Type: Full Time
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Type: Hourly
Assemble, test, and maintain MRI calibration phantoms and mechanical assemblies according to engineering drawings, technical manuals, and verbal instruction. Create, modify, and assemble plastic components and subassemblies using hand tools, laser cutter, various power tools, and glove box. Good hand dexterity and attention to detail is required as extensive hand assembly inside water tanks and a nitrogen filled glove box with small hardware (screws, nuts, drill bits, tweezers, precision screw drivers, etc.) will be necessary. Operate various machines for winding, spooling, delaminating, and joining textile fiber filaments and ribbons. Use of syringes, syringe pumps, and centrifuges to fill and seal hollow molded cubes with calibrated chemicals. Inspect, test, and calibrate components and assemblies to meet tolerances and product specifications. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and 1 year of assembly experience or related area.
- Assemble MRI calibration phantom and subassemblies.
- Wind textile fibers onto spools.
- Placing, gluing, and cutting fiber threads into fiber density and crossing fixtures.
- Inject various chemicals into hollow molded cubes.
- Operate laser cutter create and engrave assembly components.
- Inspect mechanical components according to drawings
- Post process 3d printed parts.
- Packaging of completed devices for delivery and installation at customer sites.
- Operate optical microscope for quality control.
- Print production parts on 3d printer.
- Measure and record physical data (e.g. temperature, weight, volume, etc.) from subassemblies and completed units.
- Perform failure testing on production and prototype components and assemblies
- Assist others in authoring, or directly author documentation and drawings of the assembly and testing processes.
- Miscellaneous mechanical tasks such as assembly of office equipment, etc., as assigned.
- Record daily time distribution using computer software.
- Preparing for company conferences/shows by doing whatever is necessary such as preparing materials, packing, testing, etc.
- Any and all other duties/tasks which may arise in the short term that are deemed critical or beneficial to the company, especially as they relate to the success of assigned project(s).
- High school diploma or its equivalent and minimum of 1 year of experience in the assembly field or related area.
- Use of hand and power tools for mechanical assembly.
- Must maintain a positive attitude, follow instructions and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to follow written and verbal assembly and testing instructions given adequate hands-on training.
- Ability to communicate effectively with acting supervisor.
- Familiarity with PC’s and able to interact with most common Microsoft Software programs with given adequate instruction.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Psychology Software Tools, Inc.
Sharpsburg Business Park
Attn: Human Resources
311 23rd Street Ext., Suite 200
Sharpsburg, PA 15215-2821 USA
Fax: 412.449.0079 Email: email@example.com.