Eliminate failed scans caused by claustrophobia, anxiety, and excessive motion with the MRI Simulator and MoTrak! In the simulator, the participant can simultaneously be habituated to the MRI environment, while being trained to remain still via feedback from the MoTrak system.
- Acclimates participants in less daunting environment
- Minimizes data loss
- Ideal for use in child and special population MRI studies
- May also be used for staff training purposes
Check out some of the research showing the efficacy of MRI Simulators in research:
- Hallowell LM, Stewart SE, et al (2008). Reviewing the process of preparing children for MRI. Pediatric Radiology 38:271-279. Abstract link
- Chesson RA, McKenzie GA, Mathers SA (2002). What do patients know about ultrasound, CT and MRI? Clin Radiol 5:477–482. Abstract link
- Francis JM, Pennell DJ (2000). Treatment of claustrophobia for cardiovascular magnetic resonance: use and effectiveness of mild sedation. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 2:139–141. Abstract link
- Grey SP, Price G, Mathews A (2000). Reduction of anxiety during MR imaging: a controlled trial. Magn Reson Imaging 18:351–355. Abstract link
- Lederer W (1994). Practical suggestions for improving MRI throughput and quality. Radiol Manage 16:32–34. Abstract link
- Quirk ME, Letendre AJ, et al (1989). Evaluation of three psychologic interventions to reduce anxiety during MR imaging. Radiology 173:759–762. Abstract link
The MRI Simulator and MoTrak are intended for research use only.