Flexible, precise, and reliable.
The Hyperion Digital Projection System brings professional-grade video presentation into the MRI environment.
A 1080p DLP projection system with continuous frame synchronization capability means that researchers can maintain millisecond-accurate, crystal clear visual stimulus presentation – a requirement for any multi-modal research study. A fully integrated RF-shielded enclosure allows for noise-free data without the image distortion caused by projection through a window.
Digital Light Processing® (DLP) technology provides microsecond pixel rise times, exceptional contrast, brighter whites and darker blacks than LCD displays and projectors. The Hyperion system takes advantage of these features to provide researchers with an affordable and low-maintenance solution that
The Hyperion System allows researchers a high-fidelity visual presentation system that can be placed in the scan room out of the way of other components. Positioning outside the 100-gauss line ensures that components are not exposed to high magnetic fields, which can degrade electronics over time.
All-digital fiber optic control guarantees crystal-clear, sharp images as well as a simple installation which requires only a single fiber connection from the control room to the scanner room. No bulky equipment interfering with the accessibility of the scan room.
- A Digital Light Processing® (DLP) digital projector providing fast microsecond pixel rise times, high contrast (2500:1) black to white ratio
- High resolution 1920 x 1080 Customized lens configuration provides crystal clear images with zoom and focus adjustments
- Output frame rate synchronizes to a 60Hz video input
- Designed for extreme use; 24 hour 7 day continuous operation
- 16:9 Widescreen format (standard 4:3 available)
- RF shielded enclosure utilizing fiber optic data input and filtered power eliminates the possibility of scanner interference
- Continuous fan operation and thermal cut-out sensor ensures adequate cooling device reliability
- DVI for fully digital projection
- DVI to fiber optic cabling allowing projector to be located up to 30 meters from the control room
- Control Room Console includes a DVI output connection (through the use of an internal DVI splitter) allowing another monitor to be connected and show the same information that is being sent to the projector
- High resolution rear projection screen provides enough detail to make 6 point text clear and legible
- DVI compatible digital input source
- Mains power: 100-120V AC/200-240V AC, 50/60Hz
- Available waveguide diameter of 13mm (0.5”) or greater
- Scanner room projector placement in area with magnetic field < 100 gauss
- To obtain a minimal usable image size we recommend placing the projector at least 4.5 feet (~1.4m) from the screen
The Hyperion MRI Digital Projection System includes:
- High resolution (1920 x 1080) DLP Projector with RF filtered enclosure, custom lens assembly, digital video (DVI) over fiber, high flow fans, internal thermal sensor
- Control Room Console to perform DVI to Fiber conversion, remotely power down the projector, and show the device status
- 30 meter fiber optic cable that runs between the projector and projector control station (longer lengths available with additional charge)
The Hyperion MRI Digital Projection System Accessories:
- Heavy duty, MRI-compatible, projector stand (shown below – assembly required)
- High resolution, lenticular pitch rear projection screen and magnet compatible stand for high quality image reproduction (shown below – 6 point text is readable)
- Heavy duty, magnet compatible mirror stand and optical grade front surface mirror allows the projector to be placed at right angles from the projection screen providing flexible throw distance options in cramped magnet rooms (shown below – assembly required)